Getting An Eye Exam at Mountain Eye Care
At Mountain Eye Care we use the latest technology to help our patients in the examination process. Not only is the latest technology important in determining your exact prescription, but also very useful in the early detection and treatment of many eye diseases. You will find the examination that we conduct at Mountain Eye Care to be thorough and informative, as we will discuss eye care options and make recommendations on what is the best treatment option for your eyes and vision.
As part of your eye exam at Mountain Eye Care in Hamilton, we will do the following:
- Take a complete personal and family ocular history as well as medical history to determine if you have a family history of eye care problems.
- Discuss with you about your visual environment and needs as they pertain to your work, hobbies and lifestyle.
- Take the necessary measurements of your visual acuity, which includes your focusing strength, color vision, depth perception, peripheral vision and corneal dimensions and curvature.
- Test your eye movement and binocular vision (to determine how your eyes work together)
- Determine your focusing ability.
- An accurate determination of your vision and prescription as it pertains to glasses, contact lenses, and laser correction.
- A thorough examination of the outer and inner structures of the eye
- Digital photographs will be taken of the retina (to detect early signs of disease in the back of the eye).
- A comprehensive summary of the results and discussion with your Mountain Eye Care Optometrist on the nature of your visual situation and the options that are available to you.
If you want to book an eye exam at Mountain Eye Care in Hamilton, or you have any other questions feel free to send us a message by using the contact form on this website.