What is Optometry?
Optometry is a healthcare profession that is based in the study of the eyes and the eyes related structures. This includes vision, visual systems, and vision information processing in the human body. Mountain Eye Care’s Hamilton Optometrists are medical practitioners that are trained to prescribe and fit lenses to improve our patient’s vision. They are also trained to diagnose and treat various eye diseases. Our Hamilton Optometrists are all licensed to diagnose and treat diseases of the eye through top of the line therapeutic drugs. You can be sure that every practitioner is skilled, and very experienced.
What does an Optometrist do?
Optometrists have the primary task of providing primary vision care that ranges from diagnosing eye problems to treating eye conditions with prescription glasses. At Mountain Eye Care, our optometrists have an OD degree, which is called the Doctor of Optometry. This degree is certified by the national boards that signify that the recipient can treat and manage eye infections and diseases. Our Hamilton Optometrists can also deal with eye diseases that are related to age related macular degeneration, underlying diabetes, and hypertension.
Hamilton Optometrist Facts
With 4 licensed Hamilton Optometrists, we service many clients on a daily basis and provide excellent care to each patient. The following is a short list of the services that our optometrists provide:
- Test eye vision to determine factors that can cause diabetes and hypertension
- Find out if defective eye conditions are a result of natural aging of the eye, workplace accidents, allergic reactions and or pathological infections.
- Treat and manage eye diseases such as cataracts, glaucoma, or other vision problems
- Prescribe glasses and contact lenses for the visually impaired
- Remove any offensive bacteria bodies from the eyes, and treat eye redness
- Provide post-surgery care after refractive surgeries.
- Provide vision therapy and rehabilitation for low vision clients.
Mountain Eye Care has been in practice for over 40 years and serviced thousands of patients across the City of Hamilton and surrounding areas. You can be sure that when you come in to our modern facility that you will be treated with a warm welcome and outstanding customer service!