How To Avoid Getting Dry Eyes
It is rather common for people to experience dry eyes a number of times in their lifetime, especially if you work in an office on a computer on a daily basis. Thankfully, there are a number of ways that you can prevent getting dry eyes and ensure that your vision health stays optimal for as long as possible. At Mountain Eye Care, we do a lot more than just help our patients get fitted with glasses, contacts, and sunglasses. We also like to share plenty of information about how to prevent vision issues and increase the health of your eyes. In this article, we share some information about how to avoid getting dry eyes.
Click here to schedule an appointment at Mountain Eye Care today.
How to prevent getting dry eyes
There are a number of ways that you can prevent getting dry eyes. Some of these strategies include:
- Take frequent breaks from staring at your computer screen or a book you’re reading and close your eyes for a few minutes or look at an object off in the distance. When you’re on the computer, keep your screen lower so when you look at it, you’re looking downward.
- Stop your car heater, fans, hairdryers, or anything else from blowing directly in your face. Although it may feel good, it can make dry eyes worse.
- Try a humidifier to add moisture to the air in your home, especially your bedroom, and other areas where you spend a lot of time, like your workspace.
- Consider the purchase of blue light glasses if you work in front of a computer on a daily basis. Blue light glasses can help protect your eyes from blue rays that come off of your computer screen, phone screen, and television.
- Take more breaks during the day when you work from home. Go out for a walk or go for a drive. Step away from your screens for more time during the day to reduce your screen time.
These are just a few things that you can do to help avoid getting dry eyes. To learn more about what you can do to keep your vision health in optimal shape for as long as possible, we encourage you to get in touch with a Mountain Eye Care representative today.
Click here to find our contact information, schedule an appointment, or speak with a representative.